I hold in mind you are going to uncover this a wonderful little minutiae quiz about sports. It's got NFL, NBA, Olympics questions and even harness racing minutiae. But wait… there is more… World Series Trivia questions are covered as are some about tennis, hockey, and even sports drugs. In all there are 50 questions with the answers.
You can copy and paste this question and answer sheet into a text editor and effortlessly convert it into a choice of quiz codecs, or you would almost certainly also print out this page and use a felt tipped pen to ink out the answers for numerous staff that requirements to not see them.
Great ice breaker for buying party's started and even on your own leisure. Go have enjoyable!
1. What sport used the term "home run" long beforehand than baseball?
2. Who was the primary U.S. volleyball player to win three Olympic gold medals?
Answer: Karch Kiraly.
3. What sport did Herve Filion right with a record of 14,084 wins?
Answer: Harness racing.
4. What was the handiest team to win two World Series in the 1980's?
Answer: The Los Angeles Dodgers.
5. What NFL team is understood the reason is, "ain'ts" when on a losing streak?
Answer: The New Orleans Saints.
6. What Washington Capitals goalie earned the nicknames "Ace" and "Net Detective"?
Answer: Jim Carey. Sports minutiae questions answers.
7. What NBA team plays home games in the Alamo dome?
Answer: The San Antonio Spurs.
8. Who is the handiest tennis player to have gained every of the 4 grand slam situations not much less than 4 times?
Answer: Steffi Graf.
9. Who graciously switched to number seventy seven so Phil Esposito's number 7 is possibly retired in Boston Garden?
Answer: Raymond Bourque
10. What Red Sox catcher's erect posture earned him the clubhouse nickname "Frankenstein"?
Answer: Carlton Fisk's
eleven. What team hired the NFL's first official cheerleading squad, in 1972?
Answer: The Dallas Cowboys.
12. What Native American language was Super Bowl XXX the primary to be broadcast in?
13.vWhat nickname do boxing followers call 300-pound Eric Esch, King of the Four-Rounders?
14. What 1995 World Series communities were both picketed by the American Indian Movement?
Answer: The Atlanta Braves and Cleveland Indians.
15. What diet drink was hyped by Coca-Cola for having handiest handiest calorie, in 1963?
sixteen. What comic actor scored huge revenue with his Bad Golf Made Easy tutorial video clips?
Answer: Leslie Nielsen
17. What's an NBA player deemed to be if he's received the Maurice Podoloff Trophy?
Answer: The maximum powerful player.
18. What nation fielded 1996 Olympic females's communities that gained gold in basketball, soccer and softball?
Answer: The U.S.
19. What Grand Slam golf tournament has the maximum clubhousers sipping mint juleps?
Answer: The Masters.
20. What decade noticed names first take place at the backs of NFL jerseys?
Answer: The 1960's.
21. Who was able to set NFL dashing records thanks to his "giant notwithstanding" in keeping with Chicago Bears trainer Frank Caito?
Answer: Walter Payton.
22. What position must university footballers play to be given the Davey O'Brien Award?
23. What disorder did Muhammad Ali extend after years of catching blows?
Answer: Parkinson's syndrome.
24. What are the handiest three European out of the rustic locations to have gained soccer's World Cup?
Answer: England, Italy, West Germany.
25. What is the consistent term for the tennis ailment "lateral humeral epicondylitis"?
Answer: Tennis Elbow.
26. What racing rivalry became a finest-of-nine collection in 1995?
Answer: The America's Cup.
27. Who was the primary athlete to rap at a Pro Bowl musical gala in 1995?
Answer: Deion Sanders.
28. What girl gained 5 U.S. figure skating titles from 6 to 173, notwithstanding by no means an Olympic gold medal?
Answer: Janet Lynn.
29. Who was the primary feminine jockey to win 5 races in someday at a New York observe?
Answer: Julie Krone
30. What communities played in the primary all-California Super Bowl?
Answer: The San Francisco 49ers and the San Diego Chargers.
31. What two gamers are tied for 2d behind Ty Cobb in whole profession runs?
Answer: Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth.
32. What college gained more yards and scored more characteristics than any team in Southeastern Conference history in 1995?
A: The Florida Gators.
33. What head coach tried to soothe the egos of Dream Team III?
A: Lenny Wilkins.
34. Who's 2d to Sam Snead in PGA Tour wins?
A: Jack Nicklaus.
35. What quarterback got stuck with the given names Yelberton Abraham?
A: Y.A. Tittle.
36. Which two cities have the oldest stadiums in primary league baseball?
A: Boston and Detroit.
37. What's the last identify of NFL All-Pro brothers Shannon and Sterling?
38. What organization's brand is referred to as the "swoosh"?
39. What baseball announcer's 1996 funeral was attended b y Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra, Whitey Ford and Phil Rizzuto?
A: Mel Allen's
forty. What position did Cal Ripkin Jr., begin at for the primary time since 1982, in a July, 1996 game?
A: Third base.
41. What Pro Football Hall of Famer was the primary to get a 2d bust in the Hall, for broadcasting?
A: Frank Gifford.
forty two. What team did Yankees pitcher Don Larsen blank when he hurled the primary ultimate game, in the 1956 World Series?
A: The Brooklyn Dodgers.
forty three. What did an MIT instructor add to a baseball bat to scale back its air drag by 60 percent?
44. What recreational activity is 2d on popularity handiest to strolling in the U.S.?
forty 5. What's the maximum consistent nickname for a leader league baseball pitcher?
forty six. Who was the NBA Coach of the Year trophy named after?
A: Red Auerbach.
forty seven. What primary leaguer hit 20 or more homers in 20 seasons?
A: Hank Aaron.
forty eight. What Cowboy's 99-backyard run from scrimmage put him in the NFL record book in 1983?
A: Tony Dorsett's.
forty nine. What did university student Joseph Deliberato swallow a record 89 of at one sitting in 1939?
50. How many home run titles did Roger Maris win?